Sunday, July 24, 2005

Good Times Marathon

I have been watching the Good Times marathon on TVland all weekend. Right now I am looking at the Penny episodes where she is being abused. I remember watching that as a kid, and I was like scared of that mom and that iron. I don't know if I have ever looked at an iron the same. (that and the wire hangers - not from Good Times but that other mom beating kid movie...the name escapes me.)

Can you believe I fell asleep on the James is dead episode? I miss Florida's famous last words (yall know 'em so I won't repeat).

Anyway, what I have learned so far from this marathon:
(1) James Evans Sr. was an angry man. I don't know how Florida put up with that. It's a wonder he hadn't died way before he did from a heart attack.
(2) The family never locked the door because Willona always just walked in. This is funny since they live in the ghetto and always talked about crime.
(3) Janet Jackson was a pretty good little actress, what happen?
(4) If tv adds 10 lbs, I wonder just how skinny JJ really was?
(5) Inflation is something else! In one episode, James Sr. was exciting about making $4.35/hour. And in another JJ won $2500 in the lottery and the family thought they were rich! Nowadays, $2500 might get you a tank of gas!!!
(6) Hair pieces and wigs have come along way. Willona had some awful wigs.
(7) When Florida was on her honeymoon with Carl, JJ and Michael still slept on the couch! Wonder why? Florida's room was empty.
(8) After all the time spent cooking, wonder why Thelma's never improved? Like they say practice makes perfect.

If I learn anything else, I will let you know. The marathon isn't over yet!

No comments: