Tuesday, August 23, 2005

In God We Trust...

Earlier today I received an email which addressed the issue about "TRUST". What exactly is trust anyway? And can you ever say in all honesty, you trust someone 100%? I know for a fact that I have trust issues. I am working on it though but I can admit it. But I bet if some of you were asked, you would probably say "Oh yeah there are people, I trust completely" (i.e spouses, best friends, etc...) But I tend to think that there is a limit to how much we actually trust other people. What does this mean for our relationship with them if we admit we don't fully trust them?
Reason I say this, well, nobody is perfect so how could we say for certain, that this person won't do something to break our trust. The other reason I am a skeptic is because if you can say there are people you absolutely trust, then you most definitely gotta trust God, right? He is not a man that he should lie (Numbers 23:19). Okay this post may not be for everybody but for those of you who proclaim to have a relationship with the Lord, do you trust him?

Our US money says, IN GOD WE TRUST! (If you don't believe me, check out a coin, don't have one, I have provided one above for your visual inspection). What exactly does that mean considering we don't trust God with our money...(ex. tithes) And what does it mean when we ask God to deliver us from a situation and we continue to worry and dwell on it? And what does it mean when He told us He would fight our battles for us but we take up our own brand of revenge? And what does it mean when He told us in Hebrews 13:5 - Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee but yet we still feel lonely or want what other people have instead of being satisfied with what we have. Or what does it mean when He tells us in Isaiah 43:25 - I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins. But we find it hard to forgive ourselves for the sins we asked God to forgive us. Do we really believe He has forgiven us? None of these apply to you, hmmmm...

What about this? God says in Isaiah 53:5 - But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. But we run to the doctor for every ailment and pop a pill for every headache.

Don't get me wrong, I am stepping on my own toes. Like I admitted previously, I do have trust issues and until today I thought my issues were just with other people but the more I thought about it, I realize I must have a trust issue with God too. And that my friends, is not easy to admit...

No comments: